Phoenix Primary strives to provide a safe and caring environment for all students, staff and community members.
Each fortnight we will focus on a different virtue as a way of developing these virtues within our students and staff. Our Principal introduces a virtue to the school community at each assembly and describes the behaviours we are striving to achieve. Students who display these virtues will be recognised at the following assembly and be awarded a virtues certificate.
- It means that I can depend on you.
- You keep your agreements and take responsibility for your actions.
- You give your best to whatever you do.
- Being concerned about the welfare of others.
- Showing that you care about anyone or anything that crosses your path.
- To care for others and the earth as much or more than you care about yourself.
- Showing love to someone who is sad or needs your help.
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Speak courteously to everyone.
- Take special care of other people’s belongings.
- Be receptive to the wisdom of elders.
- Honour the rules of the family, school and nation.
- Expect respect for your body and your rights.